In order to provide you with the full range of 24 Hour Trading services, we may sometimes collect information about you.
- what information 24 Hour Trading may collect about you;
- how 24 Hour Trading will use information we collect about you;
- when 24 HOUR TRADING may use your details to contact you;
- whether 24 HOUR TRADING will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
2. What information will 24 HOUR TRADING collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from any 24 Hour Trading website, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards or comments we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e mail address, website URL, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different webpages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable the 24 HOUR TRADING and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
Please note that sometimes on particular webpages we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you’re sending in an application to be a contributor on a website we may need to know more about your credentials and writing abilities). When we do this we will specify further on these webpages why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
We also use your IP address to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not. If not, you may be re-directed to another version of a 24 Hour Trading site.
- We collect email addresses.
- Registration: on some parts of the site we ask you to register, and if you do we ask for your name, email address and other personal information.
- From time to time we will ask you for further information, for example if you make a purchase or enter a competition.
3. How will 24 HOUR TRADING use the information it collects about me?
24 HOUR TRADING will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that 24 HOUR TRADING may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in paragraph 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide, see especially the information on User Generated Content (below).
- to personalise the way 24 HOUR TRADING content is presented to you (e.g. if we notice that the first thing you look at every day is horseracing tips, then we may present this information or a link to it on your homepage);
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on 24 Hour Trading websites e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly experience.
Where 24 HOUR TRADING proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. When will 24 HOUR TRADING contact me?
24 HOUR TRADING may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that 24 HOUR TRADING can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to 24 Hour Trading, e.g. on 24 HOUR TRADING message boards or comment sections;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about 24 HOUR TRADING services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 5 below)
Local pages will give you detailed information about how 24 HOUR TRADING will contact you in relation to specific services.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
24 HOUR TRADING won’t contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
6. Will 24 HOUR TRADING share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 7 below. Generally, we will only use your information within 24 HOUR TRADING. However, sometimes 24 HOUR TRADING uses third parties to process your information. 24 HOUR TRADING will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and 24 HOUR TRADING will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
Your information may be passed to and used by all 24 Hour Trading businesses. We will never pass your personal data to anyone else, except for any successors in title to our business and suppliers that process data on our behalf both in the UK and abroad. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on 24 HOUR TRADING website(s)
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to 24 Hour Trading websites or e-mail addresses, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on 24 Hour Trading websites, 24 HOUR TRADING may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where 24 HOUR TRADING reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of local laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), 24 HOUR TRADING may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour. Please note that some of our websites may fall under the jurisdiction of England, Wales, Australia or other countries.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to 24 HOUR TRADING. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will 24 HOUR TRADING keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with 24 HOUR TRADING. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a 24 Hour Trading member, your information will stay on the system for a period before being deleted.
Where you contribute to 24 Hour Trading 24 HOUR TRADING will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, 24 HOUR TRADING will only keep copies of entries to a photographic competition for the duration of the competition. However other projects (e.g. the Popular Nostalgia website) are likely to have a longer, or even permanent, duration.
Some content submitted to or shared with the 24 HOUR TRADING may be retained for prolonged periods of time or potentially indefinitely in 24 HOUR TRADING’s archive, which is true of contributions which are published. There may also be rare instances where we will share your contribution with third parties in the interests of maintaining historical archives (e.g. posts about a historical event on Popular Nostalgia). Where possible, we will endeavour to inform you upfront or let you know at a later date where we are likely to keep content indefinitely or pass it onto an approved historical archive.
10. Can I find out what personal information the 24 HOUR TRADING holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information 24 HOUR TRADING holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Please use the contact form within the 24 HOUR TRADING website to make any Data Protection enquiries.
11. What if I am accessing 24 HOUR TRADING websites outside the UK?
13. Cookies Policy -Information 24 HOUR TRADING collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the 24 Hour Trading features. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example: if on a previous visit you went to our education pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight educational information on your second and subsequent visits.
By accessing and using any 24 Hour Trading Ltd website and service, you expressly agree to that website, and any third party website we so select, using cookie files in the manner detailed above. If you wish to block cookies on your web browser, you may do so by accessing the browser settings, though please note that some sections of 24 Hour Trading Ltd websites rely upon cookies, and will therefore no longer function as intended (such as pages requiring you to login).
14. Copyright and Trade Marks
All materials on this web site are the copyright of 24 Hour Trading or are reproduced with permission from other copyright owners. All rights are reserved. The materials on this web site may be retrieved and downloaded solely for personal use. No materials may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of 24 Hour Trading.
15. User Generated Content
Portions of this site may allow users to post their own material. Materials posted by users do not necessarily reflect the views of 24 Hour Trading. By posting materials on this site, you represent that you have all necessary rights in and to such materials and that such materials will not infringe any personal or proprietary rights of any third parties, nor will such materials be defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable.
24 Hour Trading reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete any material posted by users which 24 Hour Trading deems defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, 24 Hour Trading expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through 24 Hour Trading web site(s).
24 Hour Trading makes no warranties or representations of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the information contained on any 24 Hour Trading web site for any purpose. All such information is provided “as is” and with specific disclaimer of any warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and/or non-infringement. 24 Hour Trading makes no warranties or representations of any kind that the services provided by any 24 Hour Trading web site will be uninterrupted, error-free or that the web site or the server that hosts any 24 Hour Trading web site are free from viruses or other forms of harmful computer code. In no event shall 24 Hour Trading, its employees or agents be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages resulting from the use of any 24 Hour Trading web site. This exclusion and limitation only applies to the extent permitted by law and is without prejudice to any express provisions to the contrary in any written licence or subscription agreement from 24 Hour Trading in respect of the use of any online service provided via any 24 Hour Trading web site.
17. Payment Information
When you purchase a service through a 24 Hour Trading Ltd web property, 24 Hour Trading Ltd will securely pass on your payment information to our third party payment provider, PayPal. We will not store your payment information. Payments should display on your credit or debit card statement as “PAYPAL*24HRTRADING”.